Tielt and the immediate surroundings
The provincial town of Tielt has a lot of events to offer :
– City at a height :
Tielt shows you how.
So you can just stroll in the town’s centre and admire the small beautiful Belfry tower – since 2000 on Unesco’s World Heritage list. In the new visitors’ centre in the former school and convent on top of the ‘Poelberg’ you will discover our heritage. On a bright sunny day the 360° panoramic view near the windmill on this hill will reveal the splendour of the countryside as far as the Leie-Schelde Valley and the Flemish Ardennes.
– Tielt city hiking trails :
TagTagTagCity and the Heritage trail
– Cycling routes :
Tielt is an access point for the cycling network that will let you easily explore the countryside. In our holiday home we’ve a drying and washing machine, a secured bicycle stalling and material to repair your bicycle. And also for the business & holiday apartments it’s possible to park your bicylce safely.
In Sleutelhuys we’ve a lot of bicycle routes at your disposal.
– Paradise for hikers :
On your request we provide you a box containing over 100 km hiking trails.
– Beer tasting :
Belgium without any breweries wouldn’t be Belgium. In Tielt you’ll find the brewery “De Poes” with whom Sleutelhuys has a partnership. In case you’d like a tour and a tasting, take a look at the website brewery De Poes. You can also test the pleasures of this amazing beer in Sleutelhuys.
The further surroundings of Tielt will offer you plenty of possibilities.
– The bigger, historical Flemish cities like Bruges (about 30 min), Ghent (about 30 min) and Courtray (also about 30 min) :
* Unesco’s World Heritage city Bruges
* Famous three tower city Ghent
* Historical city Courtray
– Other locations with easy access from Tielt and also really worth a visit :
* Roeselare : shopping city (about 20 minutes drive)
* Ieper : historical city (World War I) (about 40 minutes drive)
* Ostend : city nearby the North Sea (about 40 minutes drive)
* Antwerp : port (about 1 hour drive)
* Brussels : capital (about 1 hour drive)
* Lille : important city in “Flemish” France (about 40 minutes drive)
* Some lovely villages in the region “Brugse Ommeland” : Damme, Castle of Wijnendale, the Zwin region, Meetkerke, Lissewege, …
Sleutelhuys will provide you with pleasure even more nice tips.